The multifunction printers or multifunctional devices are a machines that incorporates several functionalities in a single device.
Opting for a multifunction equipment instead of any of the components separately is a decision that should not be complicated if we are clear about some aspects, but in any case, we must always keep in mind what exactly we are looking for.
Function of Printer
To the function of printer it would be necessary to add that of scanner and photocopier and, optionally, fax, card reader or hard disk, especially in those for business use.
In this One How To article, we explain the advantages and disadvantages of multifunction printers.
Steps to follow
1) First of all, keep in mind that if you are looking for high quality scans, optimal impressions or advanced fax functions, these machines may not be the right choice as, although good results are obtained, for professional uses other types of solutions would be convenient.
2) Despite the fact that MFP prices are becoming increasingly competitive today and, most of the time, are below the individual components, it is also true that they generally do not offer a professional result in printing. and digitization of documents.
Another of the drawbacks they present is that it must be taken into account that they may entail a higher cost in repairs, since a failure in a component can lead to a more complex repair.
3) In their favour, the fact of being much more compact machines stands out, which means saving space compared to the separate components. This aspect makes the multifunction equipment the ideal solution for offices or homes that do not have enough space to place all the components separately.
4) As mentioned above, in addition to the versatility of this type of solution, it also represents a significant cost saving when acquiring the necessary machinery for the daily tasks of document management in the company and not having to buy all the components separately that would come out more expensive.
5) Finally, it is important to note that their ‘semi-professional’ result makes these machines ideal for use in the home office where practical solutions are constantly being sought to facilitate document management tasks.
6) Whether you opt for a multifunction printer or if you opt for any of the peripherals separately, it is best to have a wide catalogue of computers and electronics and choose the solution that best suits your needs.